Choosing the Right Course to Study in the Republic of Croatia
Choosing the right study programme and higher education institution for your study abroad is very important. Steps of selecting the right course to study in Croatia:
Step 1: Search and Research
Research about the programme you want to pursue in Croatia. Search the higher education institutions
offering that programme. Make a list of those institutions. Visit their official website and go through the course structure.
As you start narrowing down your choices, there are a many factors to consider-
- Type of program: Whether you want to go for university programme or direct exchange programme.
- Academic content of the course: Check the coursework provided by the programme.
- Study and living costs: Look at the course website to know about the fees. Also, search about the living costs in Croatia. See if it’s in your budget or not.
- Check accommodation options for students in Croatia
- Check for financial support and scholarships: Contact the international office of the relevant higher education institution to know about the financial support.
- Language of the programme: Check whether the course is offered in Croatian, English or other foreign language.
Step 2: Apply to Croatian Higher Education Institution
After thorough consideration, apply to the Croatian higher education institution of your choice.
To apply to the first degree level of higher education- the undergraduate study programme, there is a central application system.
For graduate and postgraduate studies: Students must apply directly to the institution of their choice.
To know in detail about the admission procedure for undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies in Croatian higher education, click here
Students who are accepted will receive a confirmation from the relevant institution.
Step 3: Apply for Scholarships
The Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia provide scholarships for international students who wish to study undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate programme at higher education institutions in Croatian.
to know about the scholarships for international students in Croatia.
Step 4: Apply for Visa and Student Residence Permit
International students are required to get an entry visa for Croatia- Visa C. Also, if their stay in Croatia is for more than 90 days, they must apply for temporary residence permit. To know about the student residence permit application procedure, click here