Student Residence Permit for Croatia

International students who wish to study in Croatia must get an entry visa- Visa C. Candidates must fill in the visa application form (Viza C) and submit it along with the required documents to the Croatian embassy or consulate in their place of residence. Candidates can submit the application through email or in person. 

Following documents must be submitted:
  • A valid travel document and a colour photograph
  • Proof of travel health insurance
  • Visa fee payment receipt
  • Documents stating the purpose of the stay in Croatia
  • Evidence of accommodation
  • Proof of sufficient funds during the stay in Croatia
International students must apply for a residence permit after entering Croatia.

Student Residence Permit

International students who wish to study in Croatia must apply for temporary residence permit if their stay in Croatia is for a period of more than 90 days. 

Eligibility Conditions

For EU/Swiss Nationals

  • If EU/Swiss citizens stay is Croatia is for a period less than 90 days, in that case, they are not required to register their address, or apply for residence permit.
  • EU nationals who wish to study in Croatia for more than 90 days must apply for student residence permit. 

For Non-EU Citizens

  • If the non-EU citizens stay in Croatia is for a period of less than 90 days, they are required to register their address at the Foreigners’ Office of the concerned Police Administration Office within 48 hours.
  • If the non-EU citizens stay in Croatia is for longer than 90 days, in that case, they must apply for the temporary permit for the study purpose within 90 days after entering the country. 

Student Residence Permit Application

International students must fill in the residence permit application and submit it either to the Croatian embassy or consulate in their home country, or to the appropriate police station/department after arriving Croatia.

Application procedure time: 3 months


Following documents must be submitted for the temporary student residence permit:
  • A valid copy of a passport for non-EU nationals, or identity card for EU nationals
  • 1 colour photograph 35x45 mm
  • Proof of accommodation: Can be a letter from the institution that offered a place in the student dormitory or an apartment lease. If you are staying in private accommodation, register your address at the foreigner office of the relevant local police administration office in 48 hours of your arrival in Croatia. And if you have opted for student dormitory or hostel stay, in that case, the address is automatically registered.
  • Evidence of health insurance: International students must have a valid European insurance card (EHIC) or if there is any bilateral agreement signed between your home country and Croatia, in that case, take a bilingual form and get it filled and stamped by your health insurance company. The form should then be submitted at the Croatian Health Insurance fund, which will provide you a health insurance document that is valid in Croatia. Citizens of countries that do not have agreement with Croatia must contact to the Croatian Institute for Health Insurance (HZZO) to get the health insurance as per the Croatian health insurance regulations. (Website:
  • Evidence of adequate funds to support: Can be a scholarship or evidence of having sufficient finances.  The evidence of funds must be a bank statement.
  • Letter of acceptance/confirmation letter: It must be issued from the Croatian higher education institution, and it must be in the Croatian language.Temporary Residence Permit Application Fee
The application fee for the temporary student residence permit is 500 Kuna.

International pupils who have obtained a grant from the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of Croatia and the Agency for Mobility and EU Programmes are not required to pay the application fee. But, these pupils must pay the residence permit issuance costs of about 240, 00 HRK and the duty stamp fee of 20, 00 HRK. 

Validity of Student Residence Permit

The temporary student residence permit is offered for a period of 1 year, or for the entire period of the academic year.

To know more about the visa, visit the official website of the Croatian Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs 
Connect me with the Top Colleges
First Name:
Last Name:
E-Mail ID :
You live in:
Mobile Number:
You want to study in:
Highest Level of Education:
Study Preference:
You want to Study:
Need an education loan?
loading Processing...
  • No Articles to display

Know More »

  • No Press Releases to display

Know More »

Croatia Select a Country

Our Network :